Job Reference: 58227
- Guisborough, North Yorkshire
- £30.19 - £30.19 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for an interim SEND Consultant to work in Guisborough. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £30.19 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
To lead on the strategy for improving outcomes for SEN in Redcar and Cleveland. This includes working in the local area with parents, young people and with partners from health, social care and education to ensure the Local Area SEN expectations are met and provision is jointly commissioned.
To improve outcomes for vulnerable children and those with special educational needs by working to challenge and support Head Teachers and partners across Redcar and Cleveland .
To improve the offer in Redcar and Cleveland for children on SEN support, this will include overseeing the resourced provisions in Redcar and Cleveland to ensure they meet need and limit, as far as is possible, children requiring specialist placements.
To create a coherent and effective service for vulnerable children and those with SEN.
- To lead on the strategy for improving outcomes for SEN in Redcar and Cleveland.
- To manage the teams providing the statutory and non-statutory support to children, their families and schools and settings.
- To ensure the service managed is performing well against all relevant Ofsted schedules and specifically the Ofsted Safeguarding schedule and the SEN Local Area Inspection schedule.
- To lead on responses to Ofsted inspections regarding SEN and ensure the outcomes for the local area improve.
- To support the Assistant Director in achieving the Business Unit Plan objectives for the whole service of Schools and SEN.
- Contribute to SMT and DMT meetings offering support and professional challenge to peers. Contribute to, and convene wider partnerships and meetings where necessary to ensure responsibilities are met and the priorities of the Council are actioned.
- To be responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures around SEN.
- To be responsible for monitoring the performance of all services related to SEN to ensure EHCPs are delivered in a timely fashion and within agreed timescales, outcomes for children with special needs are positive and the High Needs Funding is spent with maximum impact for strong outcomes for children and young people with special needs.
- Lead the Strategic SEN Board for the Local Authority to ensure outcomes improve.
- To ensure the code of practice for SEN is implemented successfully in the Borough in partnership with all relevant bodies and a robust Local Offer is provided and promoted.
- Qualifications: Relevant Professional qualification relating to children/education.
- Experience: Extensive experience of leadership and management at a senior level and extensive experience of working with practitioners and leaders from schools and settings. Evidence of effective delivery of services/provision to improve the outcomes of children with special needs.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. 2 x references and a current DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.