Job Reference: EZ3
Senior Accounting Technician
- Vale of Glamorgan, Vale of Glamorgan
- £17.82 - £22.2 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Senior Accounting Technician to work in the Vale of Glamorgan area although remote working is possible.
- Preparation of revenue and capital estimates, monitoring statements and final accounts for a range of Council services.
- Responsible for the production of budget monitoring information for managers and monitoring reports for Cabinet and Scrutiny Committee, for the range of Council services, within the required deadlines.
- Provision of financial advice, guidance and training to officers and members as required, including attending officer and member meetings as necessary as well as internal and external seminars on matters affecting the Authority.
- Assist in the development and motivation of other Accountancy staff, including the workload supervision of junior members of staff, in pursuit of corporate, service and individual targets and objectives.
- Assist in the development of the Accountancy function including new financial management systems and processes.
- Responsible for the closure of accounts for a range of Council services and provision of subsequent information as requested by external audit, within the required deadlines.
- Responsible for the completion and submission of revenue grant claims and any subsequent discussions with the grant awarding bodies and external auditors as required to support the claim, within required deadlines and in compliance with grant terms and conditions.
- Responsible for the completion of statutory returns and statistical submissions within required deadlines.
- The preparation of the Council’s Treasury Management Policy Statement, Investment Strategy (with associated Prudential indicators) and assistance with the Capital Investment Strategy in line with the CIPFA code of best practice for approval at Cabinet.
- To undertake the Treasury management function in accordance with the Council’s approved policy and strategy.
- Preparation of outturn reports for both debt and investments and compliance with prudential indicators for submission to Cabinet.
- To ensure compliance throughout the Authority with current VAT legislation, the submission of monthly VAT returns and compliance visits when appropriate.
- Maximising VAT recovery for the Council.
- Monitoring and the annual completion of the Council’s partial exemption limit.
- Maintenance of the Council’s VAT intranet page.
- Maintaining VAT records to comply with VAT legislation.
- To work with departmental managers to identify efficiencies in their services in order to achieve corporate saving targets.
- To provide financial advice and guidance to a range of Council services and assist in the training and development of the Council’s non-financial managers including use of the main accounting systems.
- To provide financial information and to cost options for the delivery of service as required by managers to support decision making and the efficient running of departments.
- Assist in the preparation of the Medium Term Financial Plan and other documents impacting upon the Council’s financial and performance management framework.
- To approve CHAPS/Faster Payment transfers.
- Point of contact for ‘emergency’ faster payments and responsible for generating the payments.
- Point of contact for the administration of the Welsh Church Act Fund and the Mayor’s Foundation
- Assessing the eligibility of grant applicants and monitoring the progress of eligible grant applications.
- Preparation and presentation of grant applications for Committee.
- Attendance at Committee if required.
- Point of contact for company searches
- To ensure compliance with the Council’s Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, Policies and Procedures.
- To implement the principles of the Council’s Equal Opportunity Policy whilst carrying out the above duties.
- To adhere to Health and Safety legislation / relevant Council policies and procedures and to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be adversely affected by your acts / omissions.
- To implement the principles of the Council’s Environment Policy while carrying out the above duties.
- To report without delay any safeguarding concerns to the appropriate safeguarding officer.
- Such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade and in accordance with the general character of the job as may reasonably be required by the Chief Officer from time to time.
Must be AAT qualified and partly CCAB qualified or equivalent.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help