Job Reference: 58212
Senior Commissioning Manager
- Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- £30 - £30 per hour
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a Senior Commissioning Manager to work with Gloucestershire County Council based in Shire Hall on Westgate Street. This contract is paying £30 per hour. The role will be working 3 days from home and 2 in the office.
To support public health consultants and heads of commissioning in the development, integration, and implementation of public health strategies as part of the delivery of council and wider system priorities. This will sit alongside several posts that work flexibly as a team across commissioning and systems leadership functions, each taking responsibility for supporting given projects and portfolios and statutory Public Health commitments, which may change over time.
This is what we need you to do…
- Under the direction of public health consultants and heads of commissioning, take responsibility for leading the development and implementation of projects and other activities to protect and improve population health and well-being while reducing health inequalities including, but not limited to the following projects:
- Complex needs: To undertake a health needs and assets assessment for people with complex needs including people affected by substance misuse, domestic abuse, housing related needs and so on. This work, alongside system-wide engagement being undertaken by the Kings Fund, will inform action planning in this area
- HealthWatch: To undertake a reflective audit to help us understand how well Healthwatch Glos. (HWG) is working in the local area and whether they have been a catalyst for change within other organisations they have worked with. It involves working with HWG to plan the process, including which stakeholders to involve and how to engage e.g. questionnaire, telephone conversations or face to face interviews, gathering the feedback, analysing the data, and making recommendations
- Planning and health: To develop a framework and process to guide prioritisation / allocation of Public Health input into local planning policies and applications
- White Ribbon Accreditation: To develop the Council action plan to achieve White Ribbon Accreditation; a corporate commitment to preventing violence against women. This will involve liaison with a range of stakeholders, including Gloucestershire Constabulary and the Office of Police and Crime Commissioner
- Food equality: To be confirmed – may include a role or project supporting the Feeding Gloucestershire partnership in its ambition to address food insecurity and inequality
- Develop a clear work plan to achieve agreed outputs and outcomes based on population need, local strengths and assets, evidence informed research and good practice
- Develop constructive collaborative relationships with individuals, communities, and stakeholders, to ensure their voices are heard and can effectively influence action taken
- The job profile is subject to review and the council reserves its right to amend or add to the accountabilities listed above.
- A track record of building and maintaining trusted and productive relationships with stakeholders and partners, including communities
- Experience of working in different aspects public or population health, including a track record of working to address health and wellbeing and / or health inequalities
- Leading, developing, and implementing significant changes in the light of changing legislation or policy and managing the impact across an organisation
- Leading consultative or engagement exercises
- Senior management and programme management experience, which has resulted in positive change
- Qualifications: Not Essential
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.