Senior Commissioning Officer
- Location: Solihull, England
- Salary: £132.24 - £132.24 per day
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Alistair Guite
Seven Resourcing is working with Solihull Council to recruit a Senior Commissioning Officer for their Adult Care and Support Services.
Initial 3 month contract.
£132.24 per day.
MUST HAVE UK EXPERIENCE.
To commission a range of social care services for the Adult Care and Support Directorate. To use the commissioning cycle to review, plan and design services. To research, engage plan and deliver commissioning projects within agreed parameters of quality, timescale and budget. To manage a suite of designated contracts or projects. The primary responsibility for this post will be for social care workforce sustainability and delivery of the Social Care Workforce Strategy.
– To work as part of an operational commissioning team to ensure that commissioning strategies are delivered in a timely manner, with full regard for delivery of quality, value for money and customer satisfaction.
– To actively engage people who use services in the design, monitoring and review of services.
– To work in a person-centred way with people, carers and families to promote independence and well-being.
– To drive and support the development of comprehensive local needs analyses by ensuring the gathering of intelligence about local needs, service requirements and gaps in provision.
– To participate in duty rota including some weekend working
– To be aware of, and work within, relevant legal requirements for adult social care and current national policy. To be aware of, and follow, relevant national guidance for adult social care.
– To develop and utilise knowledge of best practice and local needs to address gaps, redesign and specify commission services.
– To have a detailed understanding of the costs and value of services provided, and any budget pressures and follow the Council’s Financial Regulations.
– To work under the guidance of commissioning managers in adults to support the development of services that will meet identified local needs.
– To seek evidence based, innovative solutions that maximise peoples’ independence and options of choice.
– Design and develop processes for collecting, collating and analysing performance information and audits of accuracy of data. Using information to improve performance and quality.
– To engage with and contribute to wider partnerships that improve the health and well-being outcomes for the population of Solihull.
– To lead project teams to commission and decommission services within agreed budgets and timescales.
– To follow a project management methodology for the delivery of effective projects, as decided by ACS.
- Education & Qualifications Educated to graduate level or the ability to demonstrate through extended experience, the necessary knowledge to carry out the full range of duties.
Evidence of continued commitment to professional development.
Relevant qualification in commissioning, health or social care
Project management qualification
Experience: Experience & Knowledge
Experience of working in an adult care service environment, either directly in adult social care or in a relevant role in health or the Voluntary and Community Sector.
Knowledge and awareness of the provider market and current challenges
Knowledge of the commissioning cycle and wider team approach to commissioning.
Experience of contract management to deliver effective agreed outcomes.
Experience of successfully negotiating with a range of stakeholders e.g. Providers, Health Commissioners.
Experience of successfully managing projects.
Compliance: Up to Passport and Basic DBS check.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.