Job Reference: 61572
Senior Estates Surveyor
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £34.76 - £34.76 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Nottingham City Council to recruit a Senior Estates Surveyor for their service at Loxley House.
To actively and effectively promote the Council’s vision, values, aims, objectives and priorities, putting our citizens first through the delivery of best value services. To be a senior member of a professional team delivering asset and property management activities to an identified portfolio of commercial properties in support to the delivery of the Council’s Commercial Property Strategy. Support the ongoing development and review of that Strategy and the portfolio. To provide professional support to the delivery of the Council’s annual asset valuation programme.
1. As a member of the team of professional surveyors and colleagues, provide senior support undertaking professional work in the delivery of holistic asset and property management activities to an agreed portfolio of commercial assets.
2. To support the Principal Surveyors in driving the Council’s commercial asset priorities to improve the performance of the Council’s property portfolio. This includes providing professional property advice and expertise to colleagues across the organisation and supporting the Council’s property disposal, acquisition and asset valuation programme and wider regeneration ambitions.
3. To undertake estate management duties commensurate with the seniority of the role and deal with day-to-day estate management issues with respect to an identified portfolio of Council assets These duties to include recovery of arrears, undertaking inspections, tenant liaison and ensuring tenant compliance, asset management, negotiation with occupiers, purchasers and developers.
4. To be the primary point of contact/liaison for the area of responsibility with Council tenants, occupiers, managing agents etc. of the commercial portfolio
5. To be responsible for the delivery of agreed targets including financial income arising from the management of identified portfolio of assets.
6. To ensure that legal, statutory and other relevant provisions including Health and Safety and Risk Assessment affecting the service are observed and that the portfolio is safe and compliant
7. To appoint consultants to advise the Council where and when required and to direct and oversee their work
8. To support and contribute to the undertaking of the annual asset valuation programme. Undertake/commission ad hoc valuations as required.
9. To identify revenue and capital generating opportunities and engage proactively in the planning and delivery including the ongoing review of the commercial portfolio
10. To supervise and support junior professional and technical staff as required
11. To prepare reports and business case documentation as required
12. To support the Service in achieving the required standards of customer service, monitoring processes, practices and presentation.
13. To support the continued implementation, development and use of the Council’s asset management systems
14. To contribute to budget management including forecasting of income, service charge and expenditure for the property accounts.
- MRICS with post qualification experience suitable to the level of the post
Experience: Ability and willingness to visit and inspect properties
The post holder will occasionally be required to attend meetings outside normal working hours.
Ability to manage budgets and financial targets
Knowledge of the law and the valuations practices required in managing a mixed property portfolio
Experience of delivering multi-disciplinary property projects
Experience of asset valuations, estate management, negotiation and provision of professional property advice and transactions
Working knowledge of procurement and contract management
Ability to communicate and present effectively to drive change
An understanding of the requirements to lead and deliver property related projects.
Ability to analyse property issues, identify solutions and recommend and implement appropriate action
To be resilient, diplomatic and approachable and to remain calm under pressure
Ability to prepare clear, concise reports and advice to Senior Managers and Councillors
An understanding of the importance of performance management to deliver continued improvement to a property portfolio.
Ability to effectively engage, influence and negotiate with colleagues at all level
Compliance: Up to date Right to work in the UK
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.