Job Reference: 60720
Senior Estates Valuation Surveyor
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £49590 - £49590 per annum
- Permanent / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Leicester City Council to recruit for a Senior Estates Valuation Surveyor.
£49,590 per annum
To provide decisive and effective leadership to team(s) in line with the council’s ‘Vision & Values’ and ‘Leadership Qualities’ that enables them to do their best work resulting in high levels of people and organisational performance.
To manage, optimise and economically drive the Council’s operational Commercial Property Portfolio in a fast-paced performance-driven environment by providing:
– A robust, professional, commercial property and asset valuation service meeting all statutory duties.
– Professional valuation project work including investments, acquisitions, and disposals.
– Robust monitoring, reporting standards and management of high-quality land and property data.
– Oversee the operational delivery of a portfolio within the corporate valuation service.
– Manage, train and continuously professionally develop up to 10 people and additional temporary resources as required.
– Involve teams in creating a shared purpose to help them develop and achieve the desired results.
– Give clear direction, governance and provide effective people and performance management by setting objectives, agreeing outcomes, monitoring, and measuring outputs and holding individuals to account.
– Explore and understand the views of the team and adapt style and behaviour as necessary to ensure positive outcomes. Show respect for the views of others by recognising their contribution and valuing diversity.
– Utilise the range of HR tools to achieve effective people and performance management.
– Manage performance by undertaking Quality Conversations, being honest and challenging constructively. Enable a professional culture of continuous improvement by encouraging and enabling the team to reflect and act on evaluation and feedback through coaching and mentoring.
– Develop positive trusting relationships within and outside the team, treating people with fairness and respect.
– Inspire teams by creating opportunities to be creative and innovative, motivating individuals to career progress and supporting team development and encouraging autonomy to enable their best work.
- Professional and expert technical knowledge and skill in the development, valuation, commercial or corporate real estate management of property asset portfolios to grow and optimise the portfolio, and, generate revenue and capital receipts to corporate objectives
Expert knowledge of legislation and guidance governing national and local commercial law and policy development
Significant knowledge in understanding land and property purchasing including the production of planned programmes of sale
Substantial knowledge of the relationships between commercial law, policy, development management and Health & Safety, Fire Safety and statutory legal/regulatory compliance
Understanding of and able to promote the concept of sustainable development by ensuring that the Council’s environmental policies are implemented and practiced within the service
Hold a current RICS Red Book Valuation Certificate (certified RICS Registered Valuer) OR be committed to obtaining this within 6 months of appointment
Management qualification – ILM Level 5 or equivalent management experience
Knowledge of complex data gathering, analysis and presentation techniques
Specialist surveyor knowledge (not limited to) agricultural land valuation; development/ urban surveying; residential property valuation et
Experience: Experience of developing property policy in land and property transactions in relation to acquisitions, disposals, and transfer of assets for Community Governance
Experience of motivating, managing and leading teams and individuals to improved performance
Demonstrable experience of using own initiative and generating own workload to meet overall objectives
Experience of the use of information technology in the development and management of a commercial property portfolio and property asset service
Experience of managing a complex range of property-related issues
Extensive experience of budget management including arrears monitoring
Experience of innovative transactional structures with a proven track record of delivery
Experience of working closely with planning services to enable building development
Experience of working in a complex organisation and political environmen
Compliance: Up to date Passport
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.