Job Reference: 59158
Senior Information Governance Advisor
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £19.98 - £19.98 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Nottinghamshire County Council to recruit a Senior Information Governance Advisor.
Rate is £19.98 to £22.09 per hour.
Initial 3 months with the possibility of extension.
To deputise for the Data Protection Officer.
– To act as a senior practitioner in the Council for information governance (including records management) and undertake a
complex portfolio of work to ensure that the Council’s information is processed in a way which minimises risk, is legally compliant
and in line with good practice.
– To work with public customers, internal staff, elected members, and externally with partners to provide specialist and expert
advice, guidance and support in respect of data protection and information governance.
1. To deputise for the Data Protection Officer.
2. To develop, review, monitor and communicate the Council’s
Information Governance Strategy, Framework and associated
policies, procedures, standards and guidance to ensure they
support the Council to meet its information governance
obligations and ambitions.
3. To be the professional lead for the Team for two or more
information governance specialist areas (e.g. information sharing,
Data Security and Protection Toolkit, Data Protection Impact
Assessments etc) taking an active role in continuously improving
the Council’s approach to those areas.
4. To play a lead role in advising on, developing and improving the
Council’s approach to records management, including on the design and implementation of electronic documents and records
management system(s) (EDRMS).
- Qualifications: 1. A degree or equivalent qualification.
2. A recognised professional qualification in Data Protection,
Freedom of Information, Information Management, Information
Security or Records Management.
3. Excellent current knowledge and understanding of UK
information and data protection legislation and good practice.
- Experience: 13.Recent experience of working in a similar role in a large,
complex organisation, preferably within the public sector (e.g.
other Councils, the NHS etc).
14.Developing, reviewing, delivering, managing and recommending
improvements in policies and procedures, controls, monitoring
systems and performance to support effective information
governance and data protection.
15.Carrying out Data Protection Impact Assessments, developing
Information Sharing Agreements, supporting the effective
management of records and managing information risk.
16.Investigating and reviewing Information Governance incidents,
breaches and issues and recommending measures to reduce
17.Project management, ideally with a Prince 2 project
- Compliance: Up to date Passport.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.