Job Reference: 59704
Senior Procurement Officer
- Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- £22.56 - £22.56 per hour
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Senior Procurement Officer to work in Gloucester, Gloucestershire. This is a full time position and is paying £22.56 per hour and can be done mostly remotely based in the office once a week.
As part of the Council’s Commercial Service you will lead the Tendering Service or Policy and Analytics professional team. The Policy and Analytics team will act as the main ‘gateway’ to other internal and external commercial support services.
The Tendering Service supports the delivery of high value and more complex tenders required by the Council. Both teams work flexibly to support the commercial needs of the Council and success will depend on developing critical relationships at all levels particularly with commissioners, contract managers, category managers, other specialist support services and the new Commercial Assurance Board. You will be expected to demonstrate a high level of commercial knowledge and expertise as you lead the development of your professional team.
- Ensure that the team allocates resources appropriately and has the right skills to provide a high quality service to its customers.
- Ensure that the contribution of legal and other professional experts is secured in a timely and efficient way on behalf of the customer.
- Build strong and effective relationships with key internal stakeholders and ensure effective communication and engagement at all times.
- Develop, capture and share specialist knowledge or expertise, such as analytical techniques, policy developments or legislative changes, market knowledge or good practice.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant policy, best practice and legislative changes.
- Provide functional input into the development of the Council’s commercial skills program (including passport to practice, the ‘skills academy’ and fast track development scheme).
- Undertake or lead discreet commercial projects.
- Qualifications: CIPS Level 5 or 6 Or Equivalent Commissioning Qualification
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.