Senior Procurement Officer
- Location: Leicester, England
- Salary: £21.51 - £21.51 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Alistair Guite
Seven Resourcing is working with Leicester City Council to recruit a Senior Procurement Officer.
Procurement Manager or ICT Commercial & Procurement Manager
Initial 3 month contract.
£19.85 – £21.51 per hour.
To procure high value/risk goods, works and/or services to enable service delivery to the council’s customers and to achieve the council’s strategic procurement objectives
1. Manages and undertakes more complex high value/risk procurement projects including liaising with service departments (internal clients), considering procurement strategies/approaches, planning the procurement process, preparing documentation (including evaluation schemes), advertising the contract, market engagement and stimulation, evaluating submissions, conducting negotiations and clarifications, drafting correspondence, debriefing unsuccessful bidders, agreeing contract documentation and preparing evaluations reports.
2. Assists and liaises with clients in the determination of service delivery requirements and considerations together with procurement strategy and packaging in respect of individual activities.
3. Applies the council’s contract procedure rules and appropriate legislation, including the Public Contract Regulations 2006, when managing and conducting procurement activity and advising clients.
4. Assists the Procurement Manager with the organisation, development, programming and monitoring of tasks and plans for future implementation.
5. Leads, or participates in, cross-functional project teams to deliver high value/risk complex procurement projects
6. Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers and internal customers to ensure procurement processes and existing contracts are managed well and continue to deliver value for money.
7. Uses procurement management information to identify need for new contracts and opportunities for alternative approaches.
8. Supports other initiatives/projects which contribute to the council achieving its procurement objectives, including the development of service standards, strategies, processes and standard documents
– Qualifications: NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent level qualification) in Business Administration, Procurement or similar subject or significant demonstrable experience in the aforementioned subjects.
CIPS Foundation Level (or working towards) or equivalent procurement experience.
PRINCE2 or similar project management qualification or equivalent experience.
– Experience: Significant experience and knowledge of procurement, tendering and contract management processes, including complex, high risk and value projects.
Confident and enthusiastic ICT user – significant experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail and internet to a good level.
Knowledge of contract law.
Good knowledge of EU/UK procurement law and an understanding of the principles of local government Contract and Financial Procedure Rules or Standing Orders and a general understanding of local government environment and structures and the local government efficiency agenda.
Experience of applying risk management techniques.
Experience of using an electronic tendering system.
– Compliance: Up to date Passport
– Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
– Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.