Job Reference: 61901
Senior Procurement Officer
- Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- £525 - £525 per day
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Senior Strategic Procurement Officer in Gloucester, Gloucestershire within the councils procurement service. This is a full time position and is paying £525 per day for this role.
Working as part of the Council’s Strategic Procurement Service you will manage the delivery of high value and complex tenders, or work with a Business Partner to undertake specific category projects. This is one of a number of posts in the Strategic Procurement Service that work flexibly to support the commercial needs of the Council. Success will depend on developing critical relationships at all levels, particularly with Directors, lead commissioners, outcome managers, senior managers and others who influence commercial outcomes. You will be expected to demonstrate a high level of commercial knowledge and expertise perhaps in a specialist subject area.
This is what we need you to do
Provide commissioners or other clients with pragmatic and informed advice so that customer outcomes and value for money requirements are met or exceeded. Specifically you will need to;
- Use specialist knowledge or expertise, e.g. supplier or market research, cost modelling, risk transfer or benchmarking to achieve outcomes
- Use information and analysis to inform the development of commissioning and commercial thinking.
- Undertake or lead discreet procurement projects and attend project/review board meetings as required.
- Assess Social Value and work to maximise it through your work.
- Ensure effective communication and engagement with stakeholders and partners (including external suppliers).
- Assess and manage the risk associated with each activity.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant policy, best practice and legislative changes.
- Work on complex innovative or higher risk tenders or in areas where the supply market is less well developed.
- Work with legal and other professional experts to develop the form of contract, special terms and conditions, KPI’s and where appropriate incentive or payment strategies.
- Prepare procurement strategies that describe your procurement findings and recommended approach.
- Ensure that specifications and outcomes are expressed in a meaningful way that can be priced by the market.
- Develop evaluation models to achieve the desired outcome and best value for money.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and Council requirements and policies.
- Prepare a tender evaluation report on completion of the tender exercise.
- In addition, for the higher grade you will
- Apply specialist knowledge and expertise and use critical evaluation and interpretation of data and information to create a mandate for change.
- Working with the Business Partner, undertake or lead category or procurement reviews that result in actions to improve service outcomes, value for money or risk
- Qualifications: High level of literacy and numeracy evidenced by A levels or equivalent. Grade A – C.
This position is required to possess or be working towards a recognised professional qualification CIPS level 4 or above or related graduate level discipline or equivalent by experience.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current Standard DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.