Job Reference: 57697
Senior Project Manager – Landlord Services
- Basildon, Essex
- £32.88 - £32.88 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Senior Project Manager to work with the Landlord Service in Basildon. This position position is initially for a period of 9 months and is paying £32.88 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
This is a senior post within the Landlord Services Department of Basildon Borough Council and the postholder will head up the Programmed Works team, which is responsible for the delivery of major cyclical and planned programmes of work to the Council’s housing stock and related assets.
- Be responsible for delivering all cyclical, programmed and improvement programmes to the housing stock, together with individual projects, on time and within set budgets.
Lead, manage and motivate the Programmed Works team to deliver an effective, innovative and quality service to all stakeholders and customers.
Be a member of the Property Services Management Team with the responsibility of delivering the Council’s strategic housing asset management function.
- To have overall responsibility for delivering the major cyclical and planned works programme to the Council’s housing stock and related assets on time and within budget.
To develop departmental strategy and business policy where relevant
To ensure high standards of governance are maintained
To develop a resource plan for delivering the major programmes and projects
To manage the team effectively to ensure delivery to programme.
To chair monthly project progress review, formal consultation meetings such as Core Group and regular team meetings
To coach Project Manager – Team Leaders, including holding regular one to ones
To liaise with the Asset Strategy team to understand the next year and 5 year work load requirements and to ensure there is a clear programme of works for annual delivery and a budget for the programme and each element within the programme
Liaising with other Managers in Landlord Services to ensure business objectives are met
To liaise with the Council’s Procurement and Legal teams to ensure timely award of contracts and contract letting,
To maintain an up to date Process and Project Manual for guidance on governance and operational delivery.
- Qualifications: Relevant professional qualification in related discipline, e.g. architecture, construction, engineering, building surveying.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36.25 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.