Senior Residential Care Officer
- Location: Doncaster, England
- Salary: £29447 - £33024 per annum
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Contact: Nareece Pulham
Seven Social Care is looking for a permanent Senior Residential Care Officer to work with Doncaster Children’s Services.
As a Senior Residential Care Officer, you will work under the supervision and advice of the Residential Manager and Deputy Manager with delegated responsibility got more skilled practice and contributing to staff development of other members of the team. As a Senior Residential Care Officer you will work in co-operation and consultation with children and their families and partner agencies in providing an appropriately flexible service in response to assessment and case planning. Working alongside the manager and deputy, you will play an active role in providing a warm, caring, enabling environment designed to fulfil the emotional, social and physical needs of the children living in the home.
Key Responsibilities for a Senior Residential Care Officer:
- Have a personal and active involvement in all aspects of the care of children, seeking to meet their emotional, social and physical needs, particularly those of children living with disabilities.
- Maintain the least restrictive enabling atmosphere in which children can be encouraged to develop their social skills and ambitions.
- Actively contribute towards overall care through Care Planning and link working, formulating, participating and involving Children and Young People in their individual care plan.
- In co-operation with the Residential Manager, develop and maintain good relationships with the neighbourhood and community as a whole, parents, teachers and social workers.
- Lead on shifts in the absence of the Deputy Manager and Manager and carry out the required duties.
- Participate in the sleeping in rota.
Applicant Requirements for the Senior Residential Care Officer:
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or equivalent.
- Experience: 1+ years working in childcare settings.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
- Annual salary: £29,447 – £33,024 depending on experience.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.