Senior Social Worker – Contact and Assessment Service
- Location: Hammersmith & Fulham, Greater London
- Salary: £27 - £27 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking for a highly skilled and compassionate Senior Social Worker for our Contact and Assessment Service team based in Hammersmith & Fulham. The successful candidate will be responsible for the assessment, support, and advocacy for desolating children, young people, and their families within the borough.
1. Responsible for extensive, detailed needs assessments, risk assessments, and devising support plans for children and their families in accordance with statutory requirements and guidelines.
2. Coordinate with various agencies and multidisciplinary teams to ensure comprehensive support and care for service users.
3. Advocate for children/young individuals in various platforms/instances including legal forums to favor their best interests.
4. Liaise effectively with other professionals/agencies; attend and contribute to meetings such as Child Protection Conferences and Looked After children Reviews.
5. Provide counsel and guidance to families while dealing with the complex issues that may arise due to social barriers.
6. Responsible for mentoring and training junior staff members and promoting their professional development.
1. Must hold a Social Work Degree or equivalent, and must be registered with the HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council).
2. Experience working in a statutory, children’s social care setting, with a focus on child protection, Looked After Children or court work.
3. Excellent knowledge of legal framework relating to children.
4. Strong communication, assessment, and advocacy skills.
5. Effective team worker with the ability to take the lead and a record of consistent professional practice.
6. Ability to work compassionately with clients who have diverse needs and backgrounds.
We are committed to equality and diversity and invite applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
This role requires an enhanced DBS check.
Note: This job description provides a general overview of the responsibilities and tasks, elements of the role may vary based on agency’s needs.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.