Job Reference: RK11027
Senior Social Worker
- York, North Yorkshire
- £32 - £32 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is working with East Riding of Yorkshire Council to recruit an experienced Qualified Social Worker.
• Relevant social Work qualification; (DipSW, CQSW, Social Work degree or equivalent professional social work qualification).
• Social Work England Registered and understanding of the Social Work England codes of conduct and ethics/ standards of proficiency.
• An understanding of Social Work Reform Agenda including the Professional Capabilities Framework and Knowledge and Skills Statement for Adult Social Workers.
• Demonstrate an understanding and application of legislation, guidance and frameworks that inform this service area.
• An ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English
• Full driving license
• Suitable to work with vulnerable adults
• Demonstrates organisational awareness
• Aware of confidentiality and data protection issues
• Understand and embraces the need for transformational change and innovation
• Can demonstrate outcome focussed practice with service users
• Can demonstrate an understanding of strength based practice • Is able to deal with difficult situations
• Able to chair and/ or contribute to a range of meetings in relation to Adult Services and produce high quality assessments and reports for a range of functions.
• Work with partner agencies and experience of multi-agency working locally, regionally and nationally.
• Accomplished in the use of Microsoft applications and databases.
Demonstrates the ability to articulate complex information
• Treats people with respect and seeks to understand the views of people who need care and support
• Explains Adult social care procedures/ policy fully and ensures people who need care and support understand what information has been given to them
• Gives people confidence in the service provided, by ensuring they have acted on requests for help and advice timely and by keeping people informed of actions.
• Informs supervisor/manager of support that would improve the outcomes for people who need care and support.
• Provides advice and information on support available other than adult social care
• Delivers information clearly in a range of formats in differing settings.
• Has ability to problem solve.
• Plays a leading role in practice development in the team and help sustains a learning culture
• Liaises with a range of professionals including more senior colleagues.
• Has drive and energy – use initiative and actively develop their expertise in one or more areas of practice.
• Demonstrates expert and effective practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk, striking a balance between support and control.
• Professionally liaises with a range of professionals including more senior colleagues.
• Ability to manage complex caseloads.
• Able to offer expert opinion to colleagues in the team, service and wider organisation
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.