Senior Social worker/ Senior Practitioner
- Location: Walsall, West Midlands
- Salary: £33.3 - £33.3 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Senior Social Worker / Senior Practitioner to join our team in Walsall. You will play a key role in delivering high standard social care services to vulnerable individuals and groups within the community, ensuring their safety and promoting their independence and wellbeing.
1. Conduct comprehensive assessments of service users to establish their needs and wishes, developing individual care plans accordingly.
2. Act as a senior practitioner in the team, supervising and mentoring junior staff, and providing guidance on complex case work.
3. Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to provide holistic support for service users, including liaising with healthcare professionals, educators and other agencies as necessary.
4. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of legislation, policy and procedures relating to social care to ensure compliance at all times.
5. Provide crisis intervention in emergency situations, taking appropriate actions to safeguard service users.
6. Assist service users in accessing relevant resources and services within the community.
7. Keep accurate records, producing reports and updating relevant documentation as per the legislative requirements.
8. Participate in ongoing professional development and training.
Qualifications and Skills:
1. A recognised Social Work qualification, such as a degree in Social Work, and registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
2. Significant post-qualification experience in a similar role, ideally within a local authority setting.
3. A proven track record in dealing with complex case work in a senior or supervisory role.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
5. Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to build relationships with service users and their families.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to produce clear and concise reports.
7. Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise workload accordingly.
8. Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
9. Must possess a valid UK driving license.
In return, we offer a rewarding role in a supportive and flexible work environment, with opportunities for ongoing professional development. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.