- Location: Stockton-on-Tees, England
- Salary: £41.59 - £41.59 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for an Operational Lead to work with the Children In Our Care & Care Experienced Young People Team within Stockton Borough Council. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £41.59 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
Provide leadership, management, challenge, and direction to ensure the delivery of excellent services and a continuous improvement culture across the Directorate, and particularly with respect to the functions you are specifically responsible for.
Have an excellent understanding of local government, the national and local agenda; be able to handle political relationships sensitively; effectively engage employees and maintain good industrial relations; develop internal and external partnerships and opportunities to enhance the reputation of the Council locally, regionally, and nationally; and ensure robust corporate governance, financial and performance management of the services and functions for which you are specifically responsible.
Responsibility for leading the following functions:
– Delivering a high quality, ambitious and innovative service to children in our care and care experienced young people to achieve the best outcomes. This should include proactive work with harder to hear children in our care and young people who are no longer in contact with the service and young people aged 16+ who are supported in collaboration with the colleagues across Childrens Social Care.
– Lead on change management within the Corporate Parenting service to develop a highly committed and passionate workforce who facilitate trusted and safe relationships that children in care and experienced young people value and benefit from.
– Embed links to partners with responsibility for fostering, health, education, training, housing, adult services; elected members, the local residential and business community to improve outcomes for children in our care and care experienced young people.
– Develop a dynamic profile within professional network, Corporate Parenting Board and Safeguarding Children Partnership which informs and influences intervention, service planning and champions children in our care and care experienced young people.
– Develop collaborative work with Adolescents/ Exploitation team to address the vulnerability of children our care who may be missing or exploited and develop transitional safeguarding practice to safeguard vulnerable young adults.
– Ensure robust, effective operational and performance management systems are established including quality assurance and practice development .
– Embed Stockton Childrens Services relational practice model that recognises the developmental challenges and needs of children in our care and for young people and reflects the values of the service.
- Degree approved by Social Work England.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Up to date SWE registration and DBS.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.