Job Reference: 57477
Sign Services and Traffic Management Operative
- Leicestershire, Leicestershire
- £13.47 - £13.47 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Leicestershire County Council to recruit a Sign Services and Traffic Management Operative for their Environment and Transport Services.
Based in Mountsorrel.
£13.47 per hour umbrella.
To work as part of a team to deliver a best value, customer-focussed service throughout Leicestershire and occasionally, surrounding counties. You will provide an excellent delivery and collection service for temporary traffic management signage for the Highway Delivery workforce. Your work will also support the provision of highway maintenance, construction, forestry and street lighting activities where stop/go boards are required to direct the flow of traffic. You are responsible for safe temporary traffic management provisions for the site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To undertake various duties linked to temporary traffic management signage, delivery, collection, and practical traffic management to gain experience in technical practices; safe working procedures and use of equipment and power tools. The list below is indicative of the types of work, but is not exhaustive:
· Erection and removal of appropriate signs
· Assisting with the scheduling of the resources required to effect distribution to, and collection from, given routes
· Remain flexible at all times during the works, specifically if disruption is caused to the schedule through early or delayed finish times
· Reading plans and drawings associated with any/all Traffic Management
Carry out daily routine checks and maintenance to appropriate vehicle and plant, complying with relevant legislation (e.g driver’s hours regulations, European Drivers Regulations, safe loads and weights) to ensure safe and continued use.
- Qualifications: NVQ 2 in Highways Maintenance or similar
- Working in a highways or civil engineering environment
- Use of information technology (eg personal computer, PDS, mobile phones etc) in a work-related context
- Acting as banksman/ signaller for other drivers
- Safe installation of Temporary Traffic Management, including road closures and diversions
- Installation, maintenance and removal of traffic control systems in a safe manner
- Use of underground detection equipment
- Compliance: Up to date passport.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.