Job Reference: 60179
Social Care Assessment Officer
- Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- £14 - £14 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for 2 temporary Social Care Assessment Officers to work in and Adult Social Care Team in Newcastle. These positions are initially for a period of 3 months and are paying £14.00 per hour.
To assist the Social Work Teams to deliver services in accordance with agreed objectives, quality and performance standards, that will improve the outcomes for individuals and families.
- To assist Social Work Teams with case work ensuring that families or individuals receive support that is consistent, integrated and is of the highest standard.
- To provide information for reports, meetings, conferences, etc., to agreed standards.
- To undertake basic/initial assessments keeping cases under review and maintaining high quality standards of service to Vulnerable Adults.
- To maintain high quality safeguarding standards for Vulnerable Adults, reporting concerns promptly to the Team Manager.
- To update and maintain computer and written records in accordance with Directorate guidelines ensuring the quality of the information noted is accurate and up to date.
- To participate in and/or minute meetings in respect of service users.
- To establish and promote effective working relationships with external partners, agencies and other sections of the Directorate that will improve practice and outcomes for individuals and families.
- To administer petty cash in accordance with the Authority and the Directorate’s financial regulations and procedures.
- To assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and to act in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.