Job Reference: 56226
Social Care Support Officer
- Lancaster, Lancashire
- £13.62 - £13.62 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Social Care Support Officer to work with the Adult Social Care Team in Lancaster. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £13.62 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To contribute to an assessment, review and support planning service
The post holder is expected to carry out their duties and responsibilities in accordance with the County Council’s Policies and Procedures and the Directorate’s Statement of Principles and Standards of Conduct.
To instill, promote and maintain working relationships with all levels of management, employees and service users (including other Directorates of the County Council and external agencies) which fully reflect the Directorate’s Standards of Conduct and Statement of Principles.
To instill, promote and maintain a health and safety environment with all levels of Management, Employees and Service Users within the service as directed by legislation and the County Council’s policies.
- To undertake assessment and review of need for social care support, where the need for intervention by a qualified Social Worker has been excluded, and work in partnership with service users, carers and other agencies to formulate personalised support plans with robust contingencies
- To effectively prioritise and manage a caseload with support and direction from an Operational Manager, Advanced Practitioner or nominated member of staff.
- To ensure that the social care needs of individuals are identified and met within the requirements of legislation and available resources with focus on facilitating self directed support within the principles of the personalisation agenda.
- To work with people who have complex needs, challenging behaviours or difficult family dynamics to ensure that they receive appropriate support to live meaningful lives free from harm, with opportunity to direct how their needs will be met
- To facilitate customers and carers to engage with the support planning process and empower customers to exercise choice and control in determining use of individual budgets to meet needs and achieve meaningful outcomes adhering to the principles of personalisation
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.