Social Work Assistant
- Location: Ollerton, England
- Salary: £14.7 - £14.7 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Health & Social Care are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Social Work Assistant to join our Social Services team in Ollerton, UK. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of working within a social care setting and possess a compassionate nature for those in need.
1. Assisting social workers in providing support to individuals and families facing hardships, including issues related to poverty, abuse, addiction, or mental health.
2. Conducting intake interviews with clients, assessing their needs and goals, and developing appropriate programs and services to meet these needs.
3. Assisting in the preparation of case files, collecting data, and maintaining records to monitor client progress and ensure accurate reports.
4. Participating in team meetings to discuss cases and offer insights, suggestions, and solutions when discussing service plans.
5. Referring clients to other community resources and services, such as healthcare providers, housing assistance, and employment support.
6. Carrying out client visits to assess their wellbeing and ensure the services provided are adequate.
7. Helping in the implementation of community programs and special projects aimed at enhancing social inclusion and promoting personal development.
1. Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or similar field.
2. Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous.
3. Excellent understanding of social work principles and ethics.
4. Proficiency in MS Office Suite and database management.
5. Excellent communication, understanding, and interpersonal skills.
6. The ability to handle sensitive situations with discretion and professionalism.
7. A driver’s licence is desirable.
Please note: Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a background check, and proof of eligibility to work in the UK is mandatory.
The organisation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all candidates, regardless of their background or personal circumstances.
Applications from candidates with lived experience, LGBTQ+, and from minority ethnic communities are very welcome.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a covering letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.