Job Reference: 56928
Social Work Assistant
- Arnold, Nottinghamshire
- £10 - £11 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Social Work Assistant to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children in Nottinghamshire.
As a Social Work Assistant, you will be placed within Assessment Team South to assist with enforcement of statutory court orders and other agreed programmes in accordance with National Standards and other legislation and guidelines. And be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to vulnerable young people in relation to your work role and ensure that your line manager is made aware of and kept fully informed of any concerns which you may have in relation to safeguarding and/or child protection.
- To assist in the delivery of intervention programmes in support of Final warnings. statutory orders and preventative initiatives.
- To use manual and computerised systems for recording of information and data and ensure that all relevant records and documents are managed in accordance with policy and guidance.
- To attend court hearings and participate in meetings, case conferences, reviews, planning meetings and other forum as required and appropriate. As well as contributing in the preparation of Pre-Sentence and other reports as required.
- To maintain effective liaison and work in partnership with managers. staff and other agencies, organisations and individuals as required and appropriate. Also, in accordance with relevant legislation, to take care of your health, safety and welfare, and that of other persons who may be affected by your performance.
- To visit young people at home and other external venues as appropriate in accordance with national Standards and other Policy, Practice, Procedures.
- To participate in maintaining office duty and reporting systems, seeing children, young people and parents/carers by appointment, dealing with in-service and external enquiries, providing support, assistance and information as required, recognising the need to involve other more experienced staff where appropriate.
- To participate in annual personal development plans, formal supervision and approved appraisal processes and attend training courses as required.
- Provide transportation as required. Work unsociable hours as required. Have regard at all times for the confidential nature of the work
- Qualifications: Educated GCSE Level C of equivalent and proven ability within a previous work setting.
- Experience: Experience of working under pressure and dealing with conflicting demands, including working to deadlines. A minimum of two years’ experience of working with children/young people and their families. Experience of working within the Youth Justice System.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.