Job Reference: 61613
Social Work Assistant
- Northumberland, Northumberland
- £14.17 - £17.35 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are currently looking for a temporary Social Work Assistant work in Berwick upon Tweed. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £14.17 (PAYE) or £17.35 (umbrella) per hour. This position involves working Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
To provide a care management service within a specific user group where less complex problems are presented for example working with Child in Need cases under the supervision of the Team Manager. You may also work with Social Workers on Child Protection and LAC cases. To provide supervised contact where needed depending on resources and caseloads. To assist in practical tasks in other cases. To refer more complex problems to Team Manager.
- To contribute to the assessment of social care problems and support the development of care plans which address need, taking into account service user choice. This can include knowledge of daycare and other service provision within the area and parenting assessments. Documentation for planning must be evidenced on the current ICS system as well as paper files. This includes assessments for carers needs within the adult services.
- To manage and plan your own work in an effective way as to allow the required monitoring and review of services delivered.
- To provide or assist in the provision of practical assistance, advice, signposting or support with recovery and advise service users, their carers and families on the caseload of other workers, subject to the agreement of the Team Manager. This would include supporting discharge of service users from hospital.
- To commence and chair less complex child in need meetings.
- To advocate on behalf of service users.
- To participate in the office duty system as appropriate.
- You may be required to attend court to give evidence and provide statements for court when requested.
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 3 in childcare/social care or equivalent.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and proof of right to work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.