Job Reference: 62337
Social Work Assistant
- Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- £16.08 - £16.08 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Social Work Assistant in Stoke-On-Trent City Council
To support the delivery of high quality social work activities within Children and Family Services through the provision of direct support work to children, young people and families. Also providing support and assistance to social workers undertaking assessments, managing and implementing children’s care plans. Works within Children’s Support and Safeguarding, Children with Disabilities, Children in Care, Next Steps, Fostering and Adoption.
To actively work as part of the whole service system, supporting colleagues in the day to day running of the service area with the aim of achieving the best possible outcomes for children, young people and their families. Within this context family situations are highly complex as children have been deemed to require a statutory intervention and therefore are children in need of services or protection. The role will also require a flexible and responsive approach to identified needs and where agreed hold section 17 cases (child in need) by co-ordinating the plan, chairing child in need meetings and setting targets and reviewing the plan. Also taking responsibility for a range of assessments as directed and hold cases of children subject to Supervision Orders and Special Guardianship Orders.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people and to support families.
- To assist colleagues in carrying out statutory duties and requirements
- To contribute to the pod/team in actively planning for safety, permanency and stability for children and young people regardless of the setting in which they live and to actively support children to live at home safely.
- To develop a positive, professional relationship with children, parents/carers and professionals.
- Work in partnership with colleagues, parents and carers, ensuring that child-centred systemic practice is the principal standard and framework for all work undertaken with children, young people and families.
- To be committed to practice that is anti-discriminatory and that actively promotes equal opportunities.
- When required undertake primary worker role to support families by leading S17 (child in need) cases identified by the Practice Manager. Taking responsibility for co-ordinating and managing these cases, ensuring a robust support plan is created in collaboration with the family and other professionals.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.