Social Worker – Child Protection Team
- Location: Penzance, England
- Salary: £42 - £42 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking a dedicated and passionate Social Worker to join our Child Protection Team in Penzance, UK. This is a crucial position within our team which provides exemplary support and safety measures for the children in our community who are at risk due to harmful environments.
1. Carry out assessments and develop interventional strategies suitable for children and families in need.
2. Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams, including healthcare providers, teachers, and other important stakeholders, to develop comprehensive and holistic support plans.
3. Provide counseling and emotional support to children and families, helping them understand and navigate through difficult situations.
4. Write reports and maintain comprehensive case records while ensuring confidentiality and privacy.
5. Attend court sessions and provide evidence if needed.
6. Advocate for the rights and wellbeing of children by ensuring they have access to the support, education and healthcare they need.
7. Undertake risk assessments and take necessary steps to ensure the safety and welfare of children at all times.
8. Provide guidance, training and support to junior staff members.
1. Proven experience as a Social worker in Child Protection.
2. Qualified Social Worker Status (QSW) and registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
3. Comprehensive understanding of child protection legislation in the UK.
4. Proficiency in making effective decisions quickly in high-stress situations.
5. Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
6. Sensitivity to confidential matters is essential.
7. Proficient knowledge of case management software.
8. Ability to build relationships and engage effectively with young people and their families.
9. Valid UK driving license.
As a Social Worker in our organization, you are required to follow the strict professional, ethical and legal codes related to social work and child welfare, and always communicate and act in a manner that respects the dignity and rights of their clients.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV and a cover letter online.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.