Social Worker – Children and Family Safeguarding Team
- Location: Devizes, England
- Salary: £40 - £40 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking an experienced, qualified and dedicated Social Worker to join our Children and Family Safeguarding Team in Devizes. This is a crucial role where you will make a direct impact in safeguarding and improving the lives of children, young people, and their families within our community.
– Provide comprehensive social work services to children and families in need within legislative framework.
– Assess, plan, implement and evaluate preventative action and child protection plans in a timely and professional manner.
– Analyse complex information and make decisions which have a significant impact on children and families.
– Collaborated with families and other professionals to develop care and safety plans appropriate to each individual case.
– Advocate for children and families, ensuring that their needs are accurately and robustly represented in all decision-making forums.
– Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team while also maintaining high standards of individual performance.
– Ensure that service delivery complies with professional, departmental and legal standards.
– Provide crisis intervention and emergency support as required.
– Maintain accurate, up to date case records and adhere to all methods of reporting.
– Degree in Social Work and registration as a qualified Social Worker.
– A minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience within a statutory setting.
– Thorough understanding of the legislative and policy framework within child protection.
– Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a broad spectrum of people and maintain professional boundaries.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly complex report-writing.
– Knowledge and understanding of the impact of parenting, physical, emotional and sexual abuse, neglect and how this affects child development.
– Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
– Proficient use of IT systems relevant to the role.
– Willingness to participate in out of hours duty rota as required.
– Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
In assuming the role, you will be stepping into a position where you can directly make a difference, utilize your skills and work in a supportive, multidisciplinary team. If you are passionate about improving the lives of children and families, we would love to hear from you.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.