Social Worker Children and Family’s Team
- Location: Newton Abbot, England
- Salary: £44 - £44 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking an experienced, motivated, and compassionate Social Worker to join our Children and Families Team in Newton Abbot. You will be part of an established team aiming to improve the lives of children and families within the community.
– Conduct effective assessments of children’s needs and family situations, including adoption and foster care processes.
– Plan, review, and supervise statutory work with children and families.
– Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams such as schools, health professionals and care personnels to provide necessary support and services.
– Compile clear, concise reports for child protection conferences, child in need meetings, looked after children reviews and court proceedings.
– Provide high-quality therapeutic and practical interventions for children and families in need.
– Maintain full and accurate case records and ensure that the confidentiality of this information is upheld.
– Participate in regular supervision, training and team meetings to continue personal and professional development.
– Degree or equivalent in Social Work.
– Current and valid registration with the Social Work England.
– Substantial experience working with children and families in a social work setting.
– Strong knowledge of child protection and safeguarding policies.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and case management systems.
– Enhanced DBS check will be required.
– Excellent communication, organisational and people skills.
– Ability to handle stressful situations with compassion and resilience.
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
– Keen problem-solving abilities and good judgement.
– Ability to effectively prioritize and manage workload.
– Empathy, understanding and sensitivity with regards to children’s needs.
We offer a competitive salary, a supportive environment and opportunities for professional growth. If you feel you have the requisite skills and experiences, we look forward to hearing from you.
Note: The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.