Social Worker Children and Family’s Team
- Location: Exeter, England
- Salary: £44 - £44 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are currently looking for a dedicated and passionate Social Worker to join our Children and Family’s Team in Exeter. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to improving the lives of children, young people, and families within the community.
1. Identify the needs of children and families, analyse and evaluate their situations, and then develop appropriate strategies to assist them.
2. Carry out statutory duties including child protection, care proceedings and looked-after-children reviews as prescribed by legislation and guidance.
3. Work collaboratively with other professionals such as teachers, nurses, and police officers to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
4. Ensure that every child and family’s case is properly documented, including assessments, plans, and reviews.
5. Provide support to children and families through difficult times, including dealing with issues of addiction, domestic abuse, and mental health.
6. Contribute to team working and development, sharing knowledge, skills, and best practice to enhance the team’s effectiveness.
7. Evaluate the effectiveness of interventions to ensure the service is meeting the needs of children and families and contributing to the achievement of local authority outcomes.
1. Qualified Social Worker with a degree in Social Work or equivalent.
2. Valid Social Work England registration.
3. Must have at least 2 years post qualifying experience working with children and families.
4. Understanding and knowledge of current legislature, regulations, and guidance relating to care and protection of children and young people.
5. Possess strong communication, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work efficiently within multi-disciplinary teams.
6. A current UK driving license and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
Note: Being a Social Worker can be quite challenging, so the successful candidate should have resilience, determination, and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
In return, we offer supportive working environment, professional development opportunities, and a highly competitive wage. If you are driven by making a real difference in the community, we would love to hear from you.
Exeter City Council is committed to equality and diversity in employment and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.