Social Worker Children in Need Team
- Location: Devon, England
- Salary: £44 - £44 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking a passionate and experienced Social Worker for our dedicated Children in Need Team in Devon. The selected candidate will be tasked with protecting the welfare of children and families within the community. This role requires the successful candidate to possess an in-depth understanding of the complexities related to children’s wellbeing and the ability to work under challenging circumstances.
1. Assess and address the needs of children and their families by organizing and implementing comprehensive care plans.
2. Monitor and track progression of cases while ensuring adherence to legal and ethical policies.
3. Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to facilitate timely and effective support.
4. Prepare and present detailed reports to evaluate children’s well-being regularly.
5. Assist with matters associated with foster care, child protection, and family interventions.
6. Provide therapeutic support and advice to children and their families.
7. Participate in court proceedings by providing comprehensive reports and witness stand appearances when required.
8. Conduct regular home visits to assess the living conditions of children and observe family dynamics.
9. Deliver training and advice to junior team members and other practitioners.
10. Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, if necessary.
1. A Degree or equivalent qualification in Social Work.
2. Registration with Social Work England.
3. Proven experience in children and family services.
4. Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the current legislations and frameworks in the field of children services.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. A current valid driving license and willingness to travel.
7. Strong ability to work independently as well as part of a wider multidisciplinary team.
8. Proficiency in handling confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
9. Ability to respond effectively to crisis situations with a calm and assured approach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are eager to make a positive difference in the lives of children and their families, we would love to hear from you.
Please note: Successful applicants will be required to undergo DBS checks.
Closing date: [Closing Date]
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.