Social Worker (Childrens)
- Location: Staffordshire, Staffordshire
- Salary: £33.3 - £33.3 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are currently seeking a passionate and dedicated Social Worker to join our Children’s Services team in Staffordshire, UK. The ideal candidate will possess a strong working knowledge of UK child protection laws and protocols, with the ability to work efficiently under pressure, delivering the highest standard of service to children and families in need.
1. Manage caseloads involving the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of appropriate action to ensure that relevant legislation and procedures are followed, and high-quality professional standards are maintained.
2. Conduct risk assessments and arrange appropriate intervention to assist children and families in overcoming difficulties and improving their situations.
3. Liaise regularly with professionals from other agencies, including schools, child health services, housing services, and residential care.
4. Prepare reports for and attend court hearings, providing expert opinion and recommendations to assist in decision-making processes.
5. Offer expert advice and support to colleagues and influence the improvement of practices and procedures.
6. Promote child participation and ensure that children’s voices are heard and considered in decisions affecting their lives.
1. A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/Diploma)
2. Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
3. Significant experience in social work with children and families, ideally within a statutory setting.
4. Excellent report-writing and communication skills.
5. Strong knowledge of UK child protection laws, safeguarding regulations, and the ability to apply these effectively to complex cases.
6. Ability to work effectively as a part of a multi-disciplinary team and contributive positively to the creation of a supportive working environment.
If you are a dedicated professional with the ability to make a lasting difference in children’s lives, then we would love to hear from you.
Note: All potential roles are subject to enhanced DBS checks and references.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.