Job Reference: MM1021
Social Worker – Childrens Assessment
- Buckinghamshire, Buckinghamshire
- £28 - £28 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Childrens Social Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children across Buckinghamshire within the Childrens Assessment Team.
To deliver targeted and specialist social work services for children and young people in need of support, protection and care. As a Childrens Social Worker on the assessment team you will respond to new referrals from professionals and members of the public. They will investigate allegations of neglect, physical, sexual, and emotional abuse so that a child or young person is protected from harm.
· Holding a mixture of cases including complex cases.
· To investigate complaints of alleged neglect, abuse, or ill-treatment of children; undertake assessments and, where appropriate, arrange accommodation for children, young people; maintaining appropriate personal/ professional boundaries.
· Work with children and young people, families, carers, and communities to help them make informed decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning.
· Liaise with colleagues in own and other departments and external agencies to gather information relevant to assessment and care planning activities.
· To maintain an awareness of own professional limitations and knowledge gaps.
· To make effective use of supervision and appraisal as an opportunity to critically reflect on casework and to identify learning and development needs to continually improve upon practice; and to support CPD.
· To demonstrate the standards of proficiency as required by the HCPC to maintain registration.
· To work within the organisation’s professional policy and procedures and code of conduct.
· Qualifications: Degree in Social Work
· Experience: Experience on Assessment Teams
· Compliance: Up to date SWE registration and DBS.
· Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
· Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards, and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.