Social Worker (Childrens) (Childrens Services)
- Location: Staffordshire, Staffordshire
- Salary: £30.57 - £30.57 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking a skilled and experienced Social Worker to join our dynamic Children’s Services team in Staffordshire. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual looking to make a direct impact and contribute to the lives and welfare of children in need.
1. Assess, plan, review and provide support to a child, family or carer with complex family or social care needs.
2. Involve service users in case planning to ensure support plans are tailored to individual needs.
3. Initiate and lead on appropriate legal action relating to child and family care proceedings.
4. Maintain and update case notes and other records adhering to GDPR and other privacy legislation.
5. Write reports as required, including those for child protection conferences and court proceedings.
6. Work on duty tasks, including undertaking assessments, providing advice and signposting to other services.
7. Build effective relationships with service users and external agencies including schools, police, health services and other social care professionals.
8. Continually assess and manage risks associated with child protection.
9. Deliver professional supervision and support to staff.
10. Attend multi-agency meetings as the representative of the department.
1. Must possess a degree in social work, or equivalent (such as PGCert/ PGDip/MSc/MA).
2. Registered with Social Work England.
Skills and Experience:
1. Proven experience within a similar role, preferably within children’s services.
2. Excellent knowledge of child protection legislation and guidelines.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
5. Ability to build efficient relationships with clients and stakeholders.
6. Able to work cooperatively within a team and individually.
7. Competent in using IT systems relevant to the role.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK will unfortunately not be considered for this role.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position. We look forward to hearing from you!
The closing date for applications is DATE.
Registered Charity No: CHARITY NUMBER.
Staffordshire is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.