Social Worker- Children’s Team (Family Safeguarding)
- Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
- Salary: £42 - £42 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking a dedicated, compassionate, and experienced Social Worker to join our Children’s Team in a Family Safeguarding role. This position is based in Ely, UK. The incumbent will play a vital role in supporting children and their families to ensure child welfare and safety.
1. Understand and assess the complex needs of at-risk children and their families to create supportive, efficient and effective care plans.
2. Collaborate and work closely with family units, identifying areas of needs and carrying out interventions as necessary.
3. Handle child protection cases effectively, ensuring that the wellbeing of the child is prioritized.
4. Connect families with necessary resources and services, and follow up to ensure their effectiveness.
5. Coordinate with a multidisciplinary team, including educators, medical professionals, and law enforcement, to ensure the welfare of the child is protected.
6. Conduct regular home visits to check living conditions, ensuring they are adequate for children’s needs.
7. Maintain up-to-date records of cases, documenting all actions taken and their outcomes.
1. Degree in Social Work, or equivalent, is required.
2. Must be a HCPC Registered Social Worker.
3. Demonstrated experience in a children and family-oriented social work setting.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build trust and rapport with children and their families.
5. Strong understanding of Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
6. Demonstrable problem-solving skills, along with the ability to work in high-pressure situations.
7. The ability to handle sensitive information confidentially and respect privacy.
8. Must be able to travel within the community for home visits and assessments.
The candidate must be dedicated to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children. They must be able to work independently while also contributing positively to a team environment. Their knowledge and experience will ensure that they can handle tough situations and work towards the most successful outcomes.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you would be a good fit for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all eligible individuals to apply.
Please note that all employees must undergo a background check before employment commencement.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.