Social Worker – CiC Refugee Team
- Location: Fareham, England
- Salary: £38 - £38 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Kelby Sharber
Seven Social Care are looking for 1 Children in Care Refugee Social Worker to work for Hampshire County Council based in Fareham.This position is full time (37 hours per week) and is paying £38 per hour.
This is a hybrid role.
To support people from refugee backgrounds to restore safety and enhance control, and reduce the disabling effects of worry, fear and anxiety by providing basic needs such as health/mental health care, welfare, education, accommodation, social networks, etc.
- Manage an allocated social work caseload relating to children, young people and families
within the locality, including child protection and court work.
- Prepare for, and participate in, planned work relating to court and court orders effectively and
within appropriate timescales.
- Undertake assessments in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures; with
consideration to both the Framework for Assessment and risk in order to inform analysis and
- Identify children in need who may also be in need of protection and effectively safeguard them.
- Assess the needs of children and young people and determine an appropriate level of
intervention and service provision, including packages of support for families. Negotiating,
coordinating and providing and/or commissioning services as appropriate.
- Gather information for referrals to assist in the determination of whether there is a need for
intervention within the continuum of need and a referral recorded with Children’s Social Care.
- Ensure the needs and wishes of children are fully addressed in the assessment and planning
process and that there is evidence of children and young people’s participation.
- Share responsibility for planned intervention and service provision with partners, participating in
formal case reviews which will include the full range of statutory meetings and other planned
meetings, as necessary.
- Comply with LCC and service-specific administrative and financial procedures including the
maintenance of appropriate and up-to-date records.
- Liaise with designated line manager and comply with service requirements regarding
supervision, undertaking continuous professional development and attendance at formal
- Be aware and responsive to the differing needs of all groups within the community.
- Undertake any other duties in relation to this area of work, including membership of the team’s
- Participate fully in the CAF process and be fully conversant with and work within the
Safeguarding procedures and protocols within Lancashire County Council.
- Contribute to the development of social work students
- Experience: 2+ years working in a similar role.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS/SWE Registration
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.