Social Worker – Hospital Discharge Team
- Location: Basingstoke, England
- Salary: £35 - £35 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Kelby Sharber
Seven Social Care are looking for 1 Hospital Discharge Social Worker to work for Hampshire County Council.This position is full time (37 hours per week) and is paying £35 per hour.
In this role as a Hospital Discharge Social Worker, you will be ensuring that citizen’s with care and support needs receive community care and support in accordance with the Care Act 2014. As an experienced Social Worker, you will be responsible for ensuring the safe and timely discharge from hospital.
To complete Best Interests Assessments under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards legal framework.
- Liaise with a team of Social Workers, case coordinators and health professionals
- Promote and maintain independence for vulnerable adults
- Assist and participate in the management of the duty service and carry out screening of assessment notices to determine the appropriate discharge pathway
- To manage complex discharges; identify and carry out Mental Capacity Assessments and chair best interest meetings
- Complete a strength based assessments to implement person centred support plans
- Protect adults at risk of abuse in accordance of Manchester City Council Safeguarding Policy, the Care Act 2014 and Making Safeguarding Personal
- Have knowledge of discharge to assess pathways
- Have knowledge of the CHC process
- Skilled report writing
- Experience: 2+ years working in a similar role.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS/SWE Registration
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.