Social Worker – Joint Emergency Team
- Location: Greenwich, Greater London
- Salary: £30.3 - £30.3 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking a dedicated and passionate Social Worker to join our Joint Emergency Team in Greenwich. The role involves a range of community-based interventions designed to provide immediate, efficient, and professional support to vulnerable adults requiring emergency care in the community.
1. Provide immediate social work intervention, risk assessment and management on an emergency basis to clients primarily in their own homes, hospital A&E departments, or in the community.
2. Operate under the council’s statutory duties towards vulnerable adults under the Care Act 2014 and other relevant legislation.
3. Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including Paramedics, Police, Health and Mental Health professionals, to provide a holistic approach to individuals with complex needs.
4. Develop, implement, and review care and support plans that promote choice, independence, and wellbeing.
5. Work closely with local providers and other agencies to ensure an efficient and timely response to clients.
6. Maintain accurate, up-to-date client records in compliance with organisational and legal requirements.
1. Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification, registered with Social Work England.
2. Proven experience working in a social work setting, preferably within a community crisis or emergency response team.
3. Excellent risk assessment skills and understanding of the principles of safeguarding and protection in social work.
4. Proficient knowledge of the provisions of the Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act and other relevant legislation.
5. Ability to handle stressful situations with empathy, resilience, and professionalism.
6. Strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
7. Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays if required.
The Greenwich Joint Emergency Team offers a supportive and rewarding work environment that values diversity, promotes teamwork, and fosters personal development and career progression.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.