Job Reference: 57274
Social Worker Level 3 – Children
- Halifax, West Yorkshire
- £35 - £35 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Social Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children in Halifax.
The Disabled Children’s Team is a specialist multi-disciplinary team that works across the Calderdale district. The Social Workers undertake all statutory LA work.
The Disabled Children’s work with children looked after, children subject to CIN, CP.
Looking for a full time social worker but would consider other hours for the right candidate.
The role is hybrid.
- To manage with supervision and advise a caseload which may involve all client groups including the more vulnerable service users and/or those with complex problems.
- The responsibility in emergency situations for action in relation to the liberty or safety of service users.
- Where the organisational needs of the Service so requires to concentrate on specific areas of work.
- To take action as specified in above to help meet the needs of specified service users, their families, carers and other groups which will include:
- The provision of appropriate social work services involving the carrying out of statutory duties and the observance of the 2relevant regulations.
- Work jointly with other agencies and organisations as appropriate, co-working if necessary.
- Initiating the provision of appropriate services and resources. Undertaking some escort and contact duties.
- Organising, and/or assisting with group work as appropriate and agreed by Team Manager.
- Providing appropriate reports for related agencies/services.
- To adhere to agreed recording systems, policies and procedures.
- May be required to initiate the involvement of volunteers in appropriate situations and to keep oversight of their work.
- To participate in the provision of a day duty service. Work with Equal Opportunities Policies and Procedures.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.