Social Worker – Mental Health Team
- Location: Shepton Mallet, England
- Salary: £38 - £38 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking a compassionate and dedicated Social Worker to join our dynamic Mental Health Team in Shepton Mallet, UK. This role offers the opportunity to contribute positively to the mental wellbeing of our clients, whilst obtaining invaluable professional experience and honing your skills in mental health social work.
1. Conduct comprehensive assessments of client’s mental health status, including their social, emotional, and environmental conditions that may impact wellbeing.
2. Develop and implement effective care plans, suitable to unique client needs, in line with best practices.
3. Provide psycho-social support and crisis intervention for clients suffering from mental health issues and their families.
4. Actively participate in multidisciplinary team meetings, providing insights on addressing clients’ needs holistically.
5. Liaise and collaborate with other mental health professionals, family, schools, or relevant community resources to ensure comprehensive service provision.
6. Generate accurate reports of clients’ progress and maintaining the strict code of confidentiality.
7. Advocate on behalf of clients’ rights and contribute towards improvement of mental health policies and service procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
1. Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field. A Master’s Degree will be a significant advantage.
2. Registered and in good standing with the UK’s Health and Care Professions Council.
3. Proven experience (minimum 2 years) in social work, ideally within a mental health context.
4. Excellent understanding of relevant laws, guidelines, procedures and ethics pertaining to mental health.
5. Strong communication abilities, both written and verbal.
6. Ability to work effectively as a part of a multidisciplinary team and independently when required.
This is an opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of individuals struggling with mental health issues. If you are a compassionate, dedicated professional, invested in improving client outcomes, we would love to hear from you.
The organization is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: The successful candidate needs to undergo a complete background and DBS check before employment.
Please note the desired applicant must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.