Social Worker – Pre Birth 0-5s Team
- Location: Exeter, England
- Salary: £44 - £44 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care have a fantastic and rewarding opportunity for a qualified Social Worker to join our Pre Birth – 0-5s Team in Exeter. In this role, you will provide essential support to vulnerable families, manage cases involving young children and pregnant women, and ensure that the health and welfare of the children are paramount.
1. Conducting initial assessments, core assessments, and risk assessments, ensuring the child’s voice is always heard, their welfare is paramount, and their needs are met.
2. Providing professional advice and support to families, proposing supportive actions to address identified needs, risks, and desired outcomes.
3. Identifying, assessing, and managing risks to the child or unborn child associated with issues such as parental mental health, domestic abuse, substance misuse, etc.
4. Building and maintaining partnerships with professionals in other agencies to facilitate the sharing of information.
5. Effective multi-agency working with Health and Education amongst other agencies to ensure holistic support for the child and family.
6. Preparing comprehensive reports for child protection conferences, child in need meetings, and court hearings.
7. Coordinating and implementing effective plans to safeguard and promote the child’s welfare.
8. Ongoing professional development to keep up to date with changes in legislation and practice.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. A recognised Social Work qualification (DipSW/CQSW/CSS) or equivalent.
2. Registration with Social Work England.
3. Experience in working with pre-birth to 5-year-old children and their families.
4. Solid understanding of child protection and safeguarding procedures.
5. Strong communication skills and the ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams.
We encourage all interested candidates who meet the criteria to apply. This role provides an excellent opportunity for growth and professional development.
Please note: Your commitment to the welfare of children will be paramount in everything you do. This role will require a DBS check as you will be dealing with the welfare of vulnerable individuals.
To apply, please submit your CV, highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications.
We are committed to equal opportunities and encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals.
Closing Date: To be announced.
(An enhanced DBS and reference check will be required for successful applicants)
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.