Job Reference: RK1108
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £30 - £30 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is working with Leeds Council to recruit an experienced Qualified Social Worker.
Umbrella rate advertised at £30 per hour
Job Purpose for Social Worker
To co-ordinate the assessment of needs of designated service users.
To work with service users and their carers in accordance with agreed multi-agency assessment processes.
To plan collaboratively and creatively with service users and arrange or commission the provision of services appropriate to meet assessed needs and ensure value for money.
To make enquiries regarding Abuse and Neglect and promote positive risk taking.
To have a knowledge of a wide range of services and other resources including statutory, voluntary and private provision.
To be flexible, adaptable, and embrace change.
Duties for Social Worker
Comply with and have a working knowledge of appropriate legal statutes including the Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, Mental Health Act 1983, and a knowledge of the Children and Families Act 2014.
To initiate legal processes and procedures when necessary.
– To adhere to Leeds Council’s Code of Conduct and Behavioural Expectations.
– To Co-ordinate Sect. 42 Enquiries and ensure that the principles of the Making Safeguarding Personal programme are embedded into practice.
To refer to other agencies as appropriate.
– Maintain Documentation and other records in accordance with approved policy and procedures.
– To investigate and assess referrals, complete holistic, measurable, and proportionate assessments.
– Devise outcome focused, creative, and cost effective support plans to promote the independence, choice, and control of service users, enabling them to live in the least restrictive environment.
– Oversee the implementation of plans and oversee the provisions which form part of the plan.
– To create good practice examples and model good practice to support a change in culture with regards to co-produced support plans and supporting individuals to use their personal budgets to meet their outcomes in the most cost effective and creative ways.
– Institute legal processes and attend court on behalf of the Local Authority as appropriate.
– Liaise and work jointly with other agencies to ensure a smooth transition for young people into adulthood and adult services..
– Liaise and work jointly with colleagues and staff from other agencies as appropriate.
– To be involved in the coordination and active involvement of service reviews as specified by departmental policies and practices.
– Prepare for formal supervision under the direction of the Team Leader or General Manager and keep them informed of potential difficulties.
Fully engage in critical thinking and reflective supervision considering evidence and theory-based practice. Engage in Social Work mentoring if this is requested.
– Conform to the Social Work England standards of conduct performance and ethics, and standards for continuing professional development.
– Provide support and guidance to other staff including community care workers and Social Workers of other grades.
– The post holder should be prepared therefore to undertake training in student supervision where appropriate.
– Undertake learning and development to promote continued professional development, maintain knowledge of legislation, benefits, and services available to service users and carers.
– Contribute to the Social Work team’s examination of community needs, identification of ways of responding to those needs, and their implementation.
– Any other duties and responsibilities within the range of the salary grade.
– Qualifications: Degree approved by the SWE (Social Work England).
– Experience: 2+ years working with adults as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
– Compliance: Up to date SWE registration and DBS.
– Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
– Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.