Specialist Housing Support Worker
- Location: Coventry, West Midlands
- Salary: £11 - £16 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for temporary a Specialist Housing Support Worker in Coventry. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £11 (PAYE) or £13.30 Umbrella day rate or £13.12 PAYE or £16.01 Umbrella for nights. The working hours are on a rota basis that covers 8am – 8pm 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
This Support Worker role will be working with homeless offenders with complex needs. Experience working with homeless, and knowledge of welfare benefits are required as is skills in electronic recording. Driver’s licence is desirable. Reporting to the Senior Support Worker you will be providing housing related support to homeless adults with an offender background. This service works exclusive with homeless people with a criminal record. This is a varied and challenging role which can also be very rewarding when performed well – you will be making a difference not only to the individuals that you work with but also to the wider community.
- Electronic recording
- creating, reviewing, and amending of support plans and risk assessments centred around resettlement to general needs housing and recidivism.
- As a provider of supported housing, you will assist in all housing management functions such as collecting and recording rent, reporting repairs, and purchasing supplies.
- Working with the Probation Service, Police, Housing and Benefit Services you are required to provide advice and guidance to customers to assist them with access to general needs housing and their successful reintegration into the community.
- Experience: 1+ year experience with housing and homelessness
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and 2 x references.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.