Job Reference: 61852
Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
- Penzance, Cornwall
- £35 - £35 per hour
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist in debt recovery to work in Penzance, Cornwall. This is a full time position and is paying £35 per hour for this role.
The Communication Support Service is part of the Special Educational Needs
and Disabilities Support Service. The post holder works as a Speech and
Language Therapist within the Communication Support Team and has a highly
developed specialist knowledge, underpinned by theory and practical
experience. The Service works to meet the needs of those children and young
people throughout Cornwall who have speech, language and communication
needs, in order to improve their access to the full curriculum and improve
- Working in a range of schools and settings throughout Cornwall, close working relationships with other agencies and professionals are essential.
- The post holder will champion inclusive practice and ethos.
- They will facilitate practice in schools and settings which increase the resilience and aspirations of children, young people and their families.
- Clinical supervision will be provided by a Band 7 SALT.
The role involves contributing to the skills and knowledge that schools and settings have in order to support children and young people with speech, language and communication needs.
- The role also involves some individual assessment and therapy intervention for children and young people with a range of speech, language and communication needs
- The successful applicant should:
Comply with the RCSLT and the Health and Care Professions Council codes of ethics and rules of professional conduct and be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of clinical work.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Clinical Governance and be active in applying this to work situations, including maintaining own continuous professional development (CPD) by keeping abreast of any new trends, national guidelines, and developments, and incorporating them as necessary to their work.
- Qualifications: HCPC Registered
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current Standard DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.