Job Reference: 59297
Specialist Support Worker
- Hounslow East, Greater London
- £12.03 - £12.03 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a Specialist Support Worker to work in a Mental Health Service in Hounslow, London. This is a temporary contract initially for 3 months with the possibility of placement extension. We are looking for someone who can start ASAP.
The role of a Specialist Support Worker:
You will be responsible for the complex case work of people with mental health conditions. To promote their independence and wellbeing and support them to achieve their goals. To be the champion and lead officer for mental health within the service, supporting others in the team using your specialist knowledge in this area to oversee the most complex cases offering guidance, support and monitoring the client management system for quality. To develop best practice, attend meetings, build partnerships, working alongside a range of professionals involved in the care and support of vulnerable people.
Key Responsibilities as a Specialist Support Worker:
- Under the direction of the Service Manager, to empower a caseload of clients with mental health conditions to maintain their independence, identify their strengths and achieve their goals and aspirations, working in partnership with our subcontractors as required to achieve this.
Act as team expert and lead officer in supporting this client group, supporting colleagues with their own caseloads as required and monitoring the client management system for quality of support to this client group.
Work with the service manage to identify service development opportunity for this client group drawn from gaps in service provision
Attend meetings, build networks and partnerships across Hestia, LBH and beyond as appropriate, identifying, developing and sharing best practice for working with this client group.
- Experience: Extensive experience of working with people who have a range of mental health conditions and other long-term conditions in a person-centred way.
- Qualifications: Relevant health or social care qualification and/or training
- Compliance: DBS on the Update Service, Right to Work in the UK
- Hours: 39 hours a week
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards, and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.