Job Reference: 61512
Specialist Support Worker
- Hounslow East, Greater London
- £12.03 - £14.77 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Specialist Support Worker to work with an Older Adults Service in Hounslow. This position is initially for a period of 2 months and is paying £12.03 (PAYE) or £14.77 (umbrella) per hour. The working hours are from Monday – Friday (you will work on a shift pattern).
To be responsible for the complex case work of older people and their carers. To promote their independence and wellbeing and support them to achieve their goals. To be the champion and lead officer for older people within the service, supporting others in the team using your specialist knowledge in this area to oversee the most complex cases offering guidance, support and monitoring the client management system for quality. To develop best practice, attend meetings, build partnerships, working alongside a range of professionals involved in the care and support of vulnerable
- Under the direction of the Service Manager, to empower a caseload of older people and carers to maintain their independence, identify their strengths and achieve their goals and aspirations, working in partnership with our subcontractors as required in order to achieve this.
- Act as team expert and lead officer in supporting this client group, supporting colleagues with their own caseloads as required and monitoring the client management system for quality of support to this client group.
- Work with the service manage to identify service development opportunity for this client group drawn from gaps in service provision
- Attend meetings, build networks and partnerships across Hestia, LBH and beyond as appropriate, identifying, developing and sharing best practice for working with this client group.
- Support service users in their liaisons with professionals within the community such as social work teams, housing providers, health professionals, JCP etc
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar position in the UK.
Compliance: Current DBS and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.