Job Reference: SB102
Specialist Support Worker
- Wolverhampton, West Midlands
- £12.03 - £12.03 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a Specialist Support Worker to work in the city of Wolverhampton. We are offering a competitive rates of pay between £11.00 – £14.00 an hour depending on days/times worked.
You will need to have housing related experience or experience working with young people. You will work across 3 sites in Wolverhampton.
One site is in city centre so staff will be expected to pay for own parking. Staff will work 5 out of 7 days a week and will work shifts between 9 am and 9 pm . Staff will also work every other weekend.
The role of a Specialist Support Worker:
- To reduce youth homelessness by the delivery of high quality accommodation based services
- To contribute to the development and delivery of the strategic vision of Accord by supporting the ongoing growth and sustainability of the business
- To ensure the health and well-being of clients through managing safeguarding issues, sharing good practice and managing risk effectively
- To deliver a great service to our clients that engages them in working towards their positive futures
- To meet business standards of service delivery that surpass commissioners’ requirements and expectations
- To contribute to the quality and performance management for the area
- To be based at a office/project within Wolverhampton, but will be required to travel and work across all sites within Wolverhampton, as well as to other Accord sites for meetings, training etc.
- Working knowledge of the homelessness and supported housing sector
- Requirement to work unsociable hours, including evening and weekend work
Ensure services are delivered in line with Accord’s values that they also meet Accord’s quality and service standards
- Ensure all safeguarding policies and procedures are implemented at all times
- Ensure complaints and compliments are welcomed, addressed appropriately and used proactively to instigate action plans for the continuous development of services within the scheme, to ensure high standards of service delivery
- Promote and support opportunities for clients to be actively involved in the development and delivery of their services and actively responsible for ensuring a culture of client engagement is integral to the way in which services operate and develop to match client expectations and requirements
- Support the Service Manager in developing Accord’s ambitions to deliver services in a Psychologically Informed Environment
- Maintain high standards in client service delivery ensuring clients are treated with dignity, respect and courtesy at all times thereby ensuring high quality delivery of services, as determined through quality assurance of services
- Ensure effective collaborative working with all departments, stakeholders and referring agencies takes place to deliver key aspects of service performance; ensuring specific tasks such as voids, repairs, arrears/bad debts, health and safety, support and risk planning, and all compliance accreditations are achieved for key performance indicators and regulatory requirements
- Experience: Extensive experience of supporting young, vulnerable and homeles people
- Qualifications: Relevant health or social care qualification and/or training
- Compliance: DBS on the Update Service, Right to Work in the UK
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards, and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.