Job Reference: 59136
Start Well Worker
- Wigan, Greater Manchester
- £15.59 - £15.59 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a Start Well Worker to start a new temporary contract in Wigan. The role is initially for 3 – 6 months with the possibility of placement extension.
You will be the designated and accountable lead worker for children, young people, and their families with complex needs. You will act as their champion and advocate improving aspirations and outcomes by building on their strengths to reduce dependency on public services.
You will work with children, young people, and their families to look at what they have rather than what they don’t and to make use of their own skills, knowledge, and relationships. You will engage in new conversations to build positive relationships with children and families. You’ll develop action plans alongside families and coach, challenge and support them to achieve their goals by building resilience within themselves and their communities.
- Use the early help framework to provide support according to family’s needs and help them achieve their goals by identifying strengths building on individual, family and community capacity whilst making sure the family, children and young people are fully engaged in the process
Ensure the exchange of relevant information between partners, for example community services, schools, educational institutions , GP clusters and ‘huddles’ to identify children, young people and families who have support needs
Support young people who are not accessing education or employment (NEET) as part of a holistic plan at level 2/3 of the threshold of need.
- Experience and Qualifications: Qualified in one of the caring professions, have a relevant Level 3 qualification or evidence of the equivalent QCF Credit Value with equivalent experience of working with children and families with complex needs.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS(preferably on the update service), Right to Work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 a week
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.