Job Reference: 62560
Street Works Inspector
- Luton, Bedfordshire
- £30 - £30 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Street Works Inspector to work on an Interim basis in the Luton area.
To arrange the timely and effective repair of defects and ensure the works carried out by utilities are in accordance with legislative requirements, national specification and Council directions, following the arbitration process in line with legislation where a resolution is not found. Inspect StreetWorks activities through out the borough, reporting on works in progress, overruns, defective apparatus, defective reinstatements and monitor sites throughout the guarantee period.
- To arrange the timely and effective repair of defects and ensure the works carried out by utilities are in accordance with legislative requirements, national specification and Council directions, following the arbitration process in line with legislation where a resolution is not found.
- To liaise with internal and external stakeholders on the public highway. Attend Joint Site Meetings with Promoters/Undertakers to discuss, method of work or remedial action to defective reinstatements in compliance to S.R.O.H. Actively identify any defective apparatus or defects while conducting daily inspections and report to the relevant Promoter/Undertaker for remedial action. Report consequential damage and un-attributable works to the utility company responsible and ensure a prompt and negotiated resolution.
- To become fully familiar with and utilise the councils Register of Works System (Symology) as appropriate. (PDA/PC’s).
- Upload daily inspections and route plan site visits to a time effective manner in order to meet team targets. Download inspection results and report all FPN relevant information to the appropriate Co-ordinator for the area. Review inspection history, permit conditions, plotted map locations and comments. Be competent in the duties of the post by providing accurate information under the governing acts.
- To ensure the Council’s Insurance section are given all the necessary information to defend all claims against the Council. This will include timely completion of the Council’s Insurance documentation in conjunction with the Council’s policy and procedures. To attend court as a witness if required.
- To take full responsibility for the development and implementation of your own Personal Development Plan and with your own continued development in those areas relevant to your role within the Service. To maintain and/or improve your existing knowledge of related legislation, practices and policies at every appropriate opportunity.
- To undertake any other duties that may be required to meet the demands of the service. These may be varied from time to time to meet the needs of the service consistent with the requirement of the job. Provide cover to other areas in the absence of staff to ensure that an adequate service is provided.
- Manage personal email accounts, reading and responding to queries promptly and in professional manner.
- Investigate and report findings in relation to citizen or Councillor enquires/complaints.
- Abide to the Governing acts by providing accurate and true Inspection results knowing that the information may be used in a legal capacity
- Must hold a valid certification of SWQR Supervisors Ticket
- Knowledge and understanding of the need to provide public service in a diverse inner city area and the challenge this poses.
- An understanding and knowledge of the use and characteristics of the various highway materials, methods and standards, New Roads and StreetWorks Act 1991 and the Traffic Management Act 2004 & London Permit Scheme.
- Understanding the current and changing legislation, Spec and Acts.
- Preferably have a minimum of 3 years experience in NRSWA together with demonstrable skills and aptitude.
- Experience in the supervision contractors (Site supervision experience would required)
- Have versatile ICT skills with a good knowledge of: MS Office (preferably including MS Excel), email packages (preferably Microsoft Outlook
- Compliance: RTW in the UK with no restrictions
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.