Supervising Social Worker
- Location: Coventry, England
- Salary: £33.3 - £33.3 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are currently seeking a well-organised and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Supervising Social Worker in Coventry. This role involves providing supervision, guidance, and support to a team of social worker professionals, ensuring that they deliver high-quality social care services to the community.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Supervising and monitoring the work of a team of Social Workers to ensure that professional standards, policies, and established guidelines are maintained.
2. Ensure that all social support programs and activities are compliant with local and national standards, laws, and regulations.
3. Provide regular coaching, mentoring, and training to team members to contribute to their skills development and professional growth.
4. Deal with complex case management while conducting regular reviews to ensure the services provided fit the needs of service users.
5. Act as a crucial link in communication so as to facilitate a smooth coordination between various departments, administration, social workers, and service users.
6. Develop and maintain strong partnerships with related professionals, including local authorities, healthcare providers, and voluntary organisations.
7. Conduct regular team meetings, preparing reports, and making informed decisions based on data analysis and observation.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. A recognised social work qualification – either a degree in Social Work, a masters or a diploma in Social Work.
2. Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
3. Significant post-qualified experience in social work, preferably with supervisory experience.
4. Excellent knowledge of legislations, rules, and standards related to social work in the UK, including Child Protection, Safeguarding etc.
5. Strong leadership abilities with excellent communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
6. Ability to handle complex cases and to work under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanour.
7. Proficiency in record-keeping and computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
8. A genuine empathy towards service users and commitment towards enhancing the quality of the services delivered.
Applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief are welcome. We encourage a diverse workforce and aim to provide an inclusive and supportive environment where our workforce can thrive.
Please note: Applicants must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.