Supervising Social Worker
- Location: Bedworth, England
- Salary: £39000 - £42000 per annum
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Contact: Alistair Guite
Seven Social Care is working with SWAP Foster Care in Bedworth to recruit a Supervising Social Worker for their Fostering service.
Starting Salary at £39,000 per annum with possible negotiations for experienced workers.
– Competitive salary £39,000 – £42,000 depending on skills/ experience/ qualifications.
– Up to 5 weeks paid Annual Leave with in-service increases,
– All additional English Public/Bank holidays (8) totalling 34 days leave per annum.
– Participation in ‘People’s Pension’ contributory scheme.
– Regular monthly supervisory support.
– Regular Annual and 6-monthly performance reviews.
– Protected Caseloads of no more than 10-15 cases,
– Regular monthly training to support CPD.
This is a full time position of 37 hours per week, with the hours of business being 9 am – 5 pm , Monday – Thursday and 9 am – 4.30 pm on a Friday, with half an hour taken for lunch each day.
Any questions regarding Salary etc please contact me on the below;
07488 880 475
We are a small family-oriented agency committed to providing quality foster placements that are able to provide a stable, safe, consistent and caring environment for children in care. The ideal candidate will share our ongoing commitment in providing excellence in the quality placements we provide.
– Undertake comprehensive assessments of applicant foster parents,
– Support Foster parents, their placements and complete necessary documentation.
– Contribute to foster parent recruitment and marketing,
– Contribute to staff training,
– Contribute to foster parent training and support groups,
– Participate in supervision,
– Participate in the out of hour’s duty system on a rolling weekly rota,
– Attend fostering panel and present matters including assessments & reports.
– Qualifications: Degree approved by Social Work England (SWE)
– Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK. Desirable experience within Fostering but not essential.
– An ability to work as part of a team and independently as required.
– An ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
– Enhanced DBS (previously known as CRB) disclosure assessed as no relevant disclosures.
– Good interpersonal skills.
– Good communication skills.
– Good organisational skills.
– Good problem-solving skills.
– You will need to be a Qualified (DipSW/CQSW) Social Worker,
– Ideally with 1 year post qualifying experience for Practitioner role or, 3+ years for Advanced Practitioner role, working with Looked After Children and/or Foster Carers.
– Experience of working in a Fostering Service is Advantageous.
– You will need Social Work England Registration,
– Full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle,
– A good working knowledge of current relevant legislative frameworks to Children Social Care and Fostering including the Children Act 1989, National Minimum Standards and Fostering Services Regulations as a minimum.
– Ability to use ICT effectively to fulfil job responsibilities.
– Compliance: Up to date SWE registration and DBS.
– Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
– Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.