Job Reference: 59744
- Coventry, West Midlands
- £11.2 - £11.2 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Support Assistant within Adult and Older People’s Team for there Social Services.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Initial 3 month contract with the potential of leading to a permanent role in future.
To assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and review of support packages for individuals and groups. To support service users in accordance with their assessed needs and in line with policies procedures and practices of the Department.
1. To carry out all duties and responsibilities with due regard to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
2. To ensure the rights of service users are promoted at all times, ensuring that the principles of choice, dignity, respect, and empowerment are maintained.
3. To meet service users’ personal support needs.
4. To ensure that service users’ emotional wellbeing is respected in all aspects of service delivery and where possible to work towards enabling them to assume responsibility for their own lives.
5. To help in creating opportunity and choice, so that each individual service user can develop in the way that they wish.
6. To encourage and assist service users to be part of the local community.
7. To assist service users to access a wide range of educational and leisure opportunities.
8. To assist and encourage service users to try new and different activities.
9. To assist and support the administration of prescribed medicines in line with departmental policy and comply with instructions which ensure that a proper recording procedure is adhered to.
10. To attend to and ensure Health and Safety requirements, including Risk Assessments are adhered to with due regard to service users, staff, the workplace environment, and visitors to the centre.
11. To attend meetings and contribute to the work of the team on a regular and ongoing basis.
12. To attend appropriate training courses as required.
13. Any other duties and responsibilities within the range of the salary grade.
- Qualifications: Experience: Diploma level 2/NVQ2 in Health & Social or willing to work towards. Expectation to complete some of this work in your own time
- Care Certificate or a willingness to work toward
- Experience: Knowledge: An understanding of Equal Opportunities and how this might be put into practice. Commitment to delivering a high quality of care with regard to the physical, social and emotional needs of people with learning difficulties.
- The importance of confidentiality
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.