- Location: Manchester City Centre, England
- Salary: £9.9 - £9.9 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Georgia Higgs
Seven Social Care are looking for several Support Workers to start work for Manchester City Council. This is a temporary contract, with no current end dates and likely to be long term.
The role holder will work as part of the Supported Accommodation team providing support to learning disabled adults living in ordinary houses in the community either on a permanent basis or with the Short Breaks service.
The role holder will provide practical and emotional support to customers that will promote independence and will assist and support other involved parties, to ensure positive outcomes for all customers
- Provide support and personal assistance to customers who may have a profound physical disability to develop and maintain their independence, whilst effectively managing any associated risks and reporting signs of injury, illness, suspected abuse to the appropriate member of the team.
- Identify and understand health and social care needs of customers and respond to their needs by providing relevant services that promote their independence health and wellbeing including diet, exercise, and health Action Plans.
- Provide practical and personal support to individuals to maintain high levels of hygiene including personal and intimate care . Role holders will ensure medication is administered, taken and recorded, in line with the medication policy.
- Experience: Previous experience in a similar role.
- Compliance: Up to date Enhanced DBS, Right to Work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: up to 37 hours per week
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards, and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.